Master of Philosophy in International Relations
2 Qualifications from UK and France
The Master of Philosophy in International Relations is a MA in International Relations in Applied Research program for students who want to become international relations specialists, lecturers in international relations theories and methodologies, international relations researchers and consultants who strive to put their ideas into scientific study.
Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) programs are research-based rather than subject-specific. Throughout the training process, specialised knowledge will be gained through in-depth research under the supervision of accompanying instructors.
After completing the M.Phil program, students can apply their Master’s research results to enrol in the PhD program. At the PhD stage, students can extend their research to obtain a doctoral degree.
Master of Philosophy in Education (M.Phil in Education) from the Université Libéral de Paris (Paris-U) is a dual degree program with a collaboration between France and The United Kingdom. After graduation, students will receive 2 Master’s degrees.
Master of Philosophy in International Relations (M.Phil in International Relations) from the Université Libérale de Paris (Paris-U) is a dual qualifications program. After graduation, students will receive 2 Master’s degrees from United Kingdom & France.
Upon graduation, students will contemporaneously receive 2 Master qualifications:
- The LRN Level 7 Diploma in Management and Analytics.
- Master of Philosophy in International Relations (M.Phil in International Relations) from The Université Libérale de Paris
Program in details
The term ‘M.Phil’ stands for ‘Master of Philosophy,’ which is a research-oriented Master program. Unlike other Master’s programs, M.Phil trains students in research from the outset. The M.Phil program assists students in not only mastering scientific research methodologies, but also in accessing and acquiring specific knowledge in a comprehensive way.
Master of Philosophy in International Relations (M.Phil in International Relations) from the Université Libérale de Paris (Paris-U) is a dual degree program. After graduation, students will receive 2 Master’s qualifications from the London Academy of Sciences and the Université Libérale de Paris.
How is M.Phil recognized globally?
M.Phil is classified based on the National Qualifications Framework:
M.Phil is recognized as a Master Level on the qualifications system, with the following:
- Level 7 (Master Level) in UK Qualifications Framework – NQF
- Second-Cycle (Master Level) in European Qualifications Framework – EQF
- Level 9 (Masters Degree by Research) in Australian Qualifications Framework – AQF
- In the United States, only the top universities offer the M.Phil program, which is accredited at the Master’s level where an M.Phil is trained as a Ph.D. but has not gone through the thesis defense procedure. M.Phil students typically get a Ph.D. after successfully defending their thesis.
M.Phil is classified based on academic level:
- Although the title is Master, M.Phil is ranked above all other Master programs and in between Master and Doctorate.
- The higher ranking than other Master programs is due to the fact that, as required by various European education systems, students can only participate in M.Phil if they already hold a Master’s degree or Level 7 EQF.
- In some universities, students are allowed to enrol in M. Phil and Ph.D programs both at the same time.
Who is Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) for?
Because M.Phil is research-oriented right from the start, the program is a good fit for the following student categories:
- Science Specialists
- Consultants and Policymakers
- Students who plan to pursue a Ph.D. from the start can use their M.Phil results to broaden and achieve a Ph.D degree.
What’s in the curriculum of M.Phil in International Relations?
The curriculum of the M.Phil program is the same as that of the Ph.D program, which includes:
- Research Proposal
- Literature Review
- Design Research
- Data Analytics
What are the requirements?
- Because M.Phil is the highest academic level Master’s degree, enrolment in the M.Phil program requires a minimum of university degrees from approved and reputable universities.
- Certain universities also need special requirements such as career orientation, research draft, or having completed particular majors at level 7 (Master’s) in EQF.
Distinctions in learning method:
The program is designed for those who are always on the go, using the Hybrid Model that combines live classes and online tutor workshops. Students can study Université Libérale de Paris’ original program and achieve a degree as full-time study abroad students without needing to accommodate in France.
Distinctions in degrees: two independent Master’s qualifications with two majors:
- The LRN Level 7 Diploma in Management and Analytics.
- Master of Philosophy in International Relations from Université Libérale de Paris (Paris-U)
The Université Libérale de Paris is the only university that permits M.Phil students to access the materials from Master and Master of Sciences programs. Students can use these programs’ materials to expand their specialised knowledge and to support the research process.
The Dual Degree in Master of Philosophy in International Relations (M.Phil in International Relations) program is an applied research-oriented program in which students will study research courses and conduct research step by step with the guidance and supervision from the instructor.
The program length is 1.5 years. Students have the opportunity to learn in live classes with the support from online tutors and lecturers.
List of Units:
- Develop research approaches in a suitable context (30 credits)
- Literature Review (30 credits)
- Design Research (30 credits)
- Data Analytics for Research (30 credits)
After the completions of all Units, students will move to Thesis Phase.
Master’s Thesis Phase (60 credits)
- Thesis (60 credits)
- Thesis Defense
The Thesis of M.Phil in International Relations will be focusing on the development of solutions and knowledge in the international relations affairs.
Upon completion of the Dual Degree in Master of Philosophy in International Relations, students can:
1. Conduct research in a professional environment
- Examine the significance, practicability, and researchability of an international relations problem that needs to be focused on.
- Develop and modify research objectives to suit orientation, research goals and time constraints.
- Analyze, examine alternatives, and make appropriate research decisions.
2. Be capable of collecting, classifying, and selecting theoretical underpinnings for International Relations Philosophy research topics
- Collect theoretical foundations relating to international relations philosophy research areas.
- Classify and develop a theoretical foundation structure for international relations research topics.
3. Be capable of designing a complete research
- Know how to conduct a literature review and pick relevant studies to support the proposed research.
- Design research in accordance with the research objectives, questions, and time frame.
- Adjust the chosen research approach while keeping research ethics and feasibility in mind.
4. Be capable of forming a research proposal and completing research.
- Consider theoretical foundations and research models when developing research questions.
- Build research to international standards by writing a thorough Master’s Thesis with a major in International Relations Philosophy.
- Understand how to present your study to a scientific panel.
- The ability to persuade and argue
The Université Libérale de Paris is the only university that permits M.Phil students to access the whole curriculum, learning contents of Master and Master of Sciences programs. Students can use these courses’ materials to expand their specialised knowledge and to support the research process.
All teaching materials for the Master in International Relations (Level 7 EQF) are posted on Learning Management System (LMS), and only M.Phil in International Relations students at the Université Libérale de Paris have access to these materials.
List of accessible learning/teaching materials:
- Strategic Management (20 credits)
- Strategic Leadership (Leading Change, Cross Cultural Leadership) (20 credits)
- Strategic Human Resource Management (20 credits)
- Advanced Business Research Methods (20 credits)
- Strategic Financial Management (20 credits)
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation (20 credits)
With the support of learning resources, students of the M.Phil program have the opportunity to gain knowledge from the Master and Master of Sciences program and research capabilities from the M.Phil program, both at the same time.
Besides the entry requirements, admission also considers the candidate’s suitability before joining the program to ensure that they can comprehend and gain the benefits from participating in the program.
Entry requirements ought to meet one of the following criteria:
- Completion of Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a major. The appraisal procedures will be carried out by a partner of Université Libérale de Paris (Paris-U) for domestic universities that do not have international accreditation.
- Completion of EQF system level 6 or comparable. Level 6 Diplomas must be issued by accredited institutions.
- Université Libérale de Paris does not accept entrance degrees from fraudulent universities, Diploma Mills universities, or accredited by discredited accrediting agencies.
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2 or equivalent
- IELTS 5.5; Speaking and writing must be 5.5 or equivalent.
- In the absence of an English certificate, the Université Libérale de Paris (Paris-U) and its partner will perform an internal English test and evaluate each candidate.
The Université Libérale de Paris (Paris-U) reserves the right to decide whether to accept or not to accept based on the requirements of the accredited body and Paris-U’s global acceptance criteria.
Master of Philosophy in International Relations is a dual degree program. After graduation, students will receive:
LRN Level 7 Diploma in Management and Analytics.
The LRN Level 7 Diploma in International Relations is an independence qualification obtained after the End-Point Assessment (EPA) process. This diploma is for recognition only at the professional level. The LRN Level 7 Diploma in International Relations is an accredited professional qualification that is a part of the Ofqual system and is not transferable to other academic degrees that are not recognized by Paris-U.
Level 7 is equivalent to:
|Level||Regulation framework||Equivalent Degrees|
|7||Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF)||level 7 diploma
level 7 NVQ
|11||Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF)||Masters Degrees
Post Graduate Diploma
|Master Degree||Framework for Higher Education Qualifications (FHEQ)||integrated Master’s Degree, for example, Master of Engineering (MEng)
Master’s Degree, for example, Master of Arts (MA), Master of Science (MSc)
|7||European Qualifications Framework (EQF)||Masters Degrees
Post Graduate Diploma
|9||Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF)||Masters Degrees|
|9||African Continental Qualification Framework (ACQF)||Masters Degrees
Post Graduate Diploma
|7||ASEAN Qualifications Reference Framework (AQRF)||Masters Degrees
Post Graduate Diploma
Master of Philosophy in International Relations degree from Université Libérale de Paris (Paris-U)
The Université Libérale de Paris (Paris-U) Master of Philosophy degree achieves Level 7 of the European Competency Framework (EQF) accredited according to Paris-U’s accreditation system.
As a liberal arts university, helping students to freely choose and quickly switch to promptly adapt to changes in the working environment is one of the significant goals.
When participating in the Master of Philosophy in International Relations (M.Phil in International Relations) program of the Université Libérale de Paris, students can can transfer to a Master of Philosophy degree of another major in 6 months without retaking the courses.
List of programs eligible for transfer:
- M.Phil in Logistics & SCM
- M.Phil in Management
- M.Phil in TESOL
- M.Phil in Public Administration
- M.Phil in Education
- M.Phil in Hospitality Management
Senior Leader Certified is a Senior Leader Council [UK] expert certification with accreditation standards based on the UK government’s Senior Leader Apprenticeship competency framework. The UK government developed the accreditation standard for the Senior Leader position with the participation of Serco (the employer chair), the Civil Service (the employer chair), Acivico (Birmingham City Council), Anglo Educational, Barclays, BT, Balfour Beatty, Barchester Healthcare, Boots UK Ltd., the British Army, the BBC, CMI, Co-op, DFS, Grant Thornton, Interserve, JRV Associates, KPMG, Morgan Sindell, the NHS (Dept of Health), Nestle, Opus Building Services, Pearson, Pendragon plc, Ricoh, Sainsbury’s, Santander UK plc, Speedy Services, Umi Digital, Unipart, United Utilities plc, Virgin Media, Wincanton, XPO Logistics.
The Senior Leader Certified is an important professional certification that makes it easy for owners to show their executive and leadership skills in corporate settings, schools, and government agencies to stakeholders.
The Senior Leader Council (UK) has approved the entire Master’s program at Université Libérale de Paris, and graduates will be able to apply for the Senior Leader Certification without having to pass the university’s annual EPA exam administered by the Senior Leader Council [UK].
After completing the dual degree Master of Philosophy in International Relations (M.Phil in International Relations) program, students can continue their studies to Level 8 (PhD) of Paris-U and could reduce time and fees or come to research and teaching work place.
The following table shows the development path after completion of the program:
|Level||Regulation framework||Equivalent Degree|
|8||Level UK (RQF)||level 8 diploma|
|12||Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF)||Doctoral Degrees
Professional Development Awards
|Doctor degree||Framework for Higher Education Qualifications (FHEQ)||doctorate, for example doctor of philosophy (PhD or DPhil)|
|8||European Qualifications Framework (EQF)||doctorate, for example doctor of philosophy (PhD or DPhil)
level 8 diploma
|10||Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF)||Doctoral Degree|
|10||African Continental Qualification Framework (ACQF)||Doctoral Degree|
|8||ASEAN Qualifications Reference Framework (AQRF)||Doctoral Degree
Level 8 Diploma
|8||Vietnam Qualification Framework (VQF)||Doctoral degree|
- Students are formal students of the Université Libérale de Paris (Paris-U).
- All the training mode, full time in France or hybrid/ online learning is the same quality and the same standards.
- The program is taught 100% in English. The Université Libérale de Paris (Paris-U) does not apply the training system for programs taught French languages in France. Our higher education programmes that are different from the French National Curricula and Programmes leading to French Government university qualifications, which falls under the French Public Higher Education sector.
- Université Libérale de Paris (Paris-U) is a private, liberal university in France. The Université Libérale de Paris (Paris-U) is not a part of the France public education system, neither a part of the French government.
- Fees and scholarship policies (if any) are subject to change or termination without notice.
- The London Academy of Sciences Diploma is an independent qualification obtained after the End-Point Assessment (EPA) process. This diploma is for recognition only at the professional level. The LRN Diploma is an accredited professional qualification that is a part of the Ofqual system and is not transferable to other academic degrees that are not recognized by Paris-U.
- The Université Libérale de Paris (Paris-U) and its partners do not guarantee that you will graduate and receive a degree. The Université Libérale de Paris only grants degrees and recognizes academic results if the student fully meets and fulfills the academic requirements, financial regulations, academic discipline and other regulations.
- In case of breach of commitment, absence without notice, or refuse to continue the program without notice, Université Libérale de Paris (Paris-U) has the right to refuse admission, refuse to support, cancel student status and not reimbursement of tuition and fees.
- The Université Libérale de Paris (Paris-U) does not guarantee the acceptance of a degree by a third party. The decision to accept or not to accept depends on the subjectivity of the receiving unit.
- Université Libérale de Paris (Paris-U) does not guarantee that students will increase their salary, be promoted, be accepted into new positions, and have new jobs after graduation.
- Although there are regulations on cross-recognition and equivalence of qualifications, each country, each organization, and each unit has the right to receive and recognize their degrees. Université Libérale de Paris (Paris-U) does not guarantee the automatic recognition of degrees in the process of using diplomas, certificates, certificates, transcripts, etc. of the Université Libérale de Paris (Paris-U) and other institutions. Partner and Université Libérale de Paris also does not guarantee does not support the process of recognizing equivalent qualifications (if any).
- Université Libérale de Paris (Paris-U) does not guarantee or commit that learners will have opportunities for immigration, working abroad, earning a work permit, a teaching permit or an active license for specialists in France, Europe or any other country.
- Université Libérale de Paris (Paris-U) provides maximum support but does not guarantee a 100% of student visa (in case of full-time study) or European visa (to attend the graduation ceremony in France and Europe) if learners do not meet the requirements of the host country and the competent authority in granting and approving the right to immigrate, move and settle in other countries.
Tuition policies are in keeping with the provisions of the Paris-U policy and subject to change without notice. In some case, Paris-U offer variety of Scholarships for International Students.